By Mareo McCracken
Lot Control Functionality: Purpose-Built To Reduce Costs and Increase Asset Utilization
Lot control compliance is often a difficult problem that slows business and increases costs.
Lot control is difficult. Everyone knows that with most current software (or lack thereof) reconciliation of lots is hard. Much hard than it should be. Lot Control should be easy, for most people it is not.
Not the actual management, but more knowing the exact location. It is not your fault though.
With the new FDA UDI requirements coming, don’t get caught up adding headcount or creating havoc to your ERP which disrupts your business and adds complexity. New processes don’t solve the underlying issue and adding more people is not scalable.
Since there are multiple products with the same lot number, knowing where stuff really came from is often difficult. Add on the complexity of multiple systems including ERP processes and it gets even worse. Interacting with different tools, not purpose-built for moving and tracking inventory creates problems with communication and accuracy.
In order to fight this problem, often adding headcount is the only visible path. Sometimes developing makeshift software is also an approach taken. There is a better way.
Using a purpose-built field system will reduce a majority of your lot control problems while giving you full visibility and control.
With “Atomic Stock” (every piece, everywhere, all the time) functionality built in, Movemedical tracks the location of every item inside and outside sets, kits, totes, and trays. Since each item’s location is tracked and stored, you now can have a true historical record for each item. This record then can drive business processes to reduce manual effort and increase operational and order-to-cash efficiencies.
Additionally, more than just knowing where your stuff is, being able to take needed actions such as adjusting, replenishment, and reconciliation right within the tool saves time and reduces errors.
When accurate lot control functionality is combined with consignment management, loaner management, kitting, product requesting, usage capture, opportunity capture, billing, and PO management, you now have tool that in addition to being a one-stop-shop for sales reps and ops teams, it also is a tool they love to use because it helps everyone do their job better.
Don’t allow yourself to be crippled with slow processes that are not integrated and automated.
Avoid delayed billings, supply chain interruptions, and restocks.
Rest easy and have full confidence knowing that with Movemedical, your team can decrease replenishment imbalances, reduce risks and increase reconciliation accuracy with easy-to-use Lot Control functions that speed up your order-to-cash process.
Contact us: 858.956.0219 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WATCH DEMO NOW (you can personalize it to your needs/wants)
A good field inventory solution is worth its weight in gold, a fully integrated medical device specific operations and sales force effectiveness platform is priceless.
A complete tool should be able to or have:
- CRM / Case & Opportunity Management
- Directed Picking & Put-away (Bin Mapped)
- Surgery Scheduling (+ Calendar)
- Active Order Visibility
- Shipping Coordination (FedEx, UPS Integration)
- Customer/Account Management
- Opportunity/Lead Management
- Surgeon Preferences / Preference Cards
- Inventory Control & Visibility (All Locations, All Buckets)
- Auto Product Replenishment
- Commission Calculations
- Expiration Notifications
- Direct Orders
- Send & Receive Tools (Rep to Rep etc.)
- Contract & List Pricing (Real-time)
- Audit/Cycle Counts
- Reporting & Billing
- Image & File Sharing
- Secure HIPAA Compliant Communication
- Mobile Usage Capture
- UDI Compliance
- Barcode Scanning
- RFID Integration & RFID Reconciling (HF/UHF)
- ERP/CRM/EMR Integrations
- Demand Planning Tools
- Consignment/Loaner Management
- Pluggable Workflows (Programmatic Integrations, Integrated Prediction Models)
- Sourcing Matrix Tool
- HIPAA Compliant Communication Platform (Messages, Calendar, Usage, Notes, Files)
- Sourcing Optimization
- Future Stock (Virtual Inventory Assigned to Future Events)
- Atomic Inventory (UDI Ready, Piece Level Tracking, Serialized or Not)
- Hybrid Kitting (Skinny Kits, Kit Management, Kit Versioning, Tracking)
- Cross Boundary Workflows
- Lost & Found (Automatic Cycle Counting )
- Merger/Acquisition Integration
- Par Management
- Multi-Catalog Management
- Loan Optimization (1 Loan Per Day)
- Separate or Combined Sales & Operations Alignment
- Cost-to-Serve Metrics
- Turn Ratio Dashboards
- Sales Metrics / Data (Reps, Leaders, Corporate)
Need to talk with someone? We understand. Call anytime.
or visit: www.movemedical.com/product