By Mareo McCracken
If You Are Not Getting The Value You Need, Is It Your Fault?
Functionality drives benefits and benefits drive value.
A good field inventory solution is worth its weight in gold— a fully integrated medical device-specific operations and sales force effectiveness platform is priceless.
Sometimes seeing the difference between function and benefit can be confusing. In this article, we highlight the major differences and then explain how to use those functions and benefits to create true value.
A complete tool should be able to or have:
- Case & Event Scheduling on Native Mobile App (+ Calendar)
- Surgeon Preferences / Templates / Preference Cards
- Loaner/Inventory Requests
- Full Kitting (Item Level)
- Case Management
- Sourcing Matrix (Simple Sourcing)
- Directed Picking (Bin Mapped)
- Order Visibility
- Shipping (FedEx, UPS Integration)
- Opportunity Management (Sales funnel visibility)
- Inventory Control & Visibility (All Locations, All Buckets – Loaners, Consignment, Trunk)
- Commission Calculations
- Expiration Management & Notifications
- Direct Orders
- Rep to Rep Transfers,
- Rep to Warehouse Transfers
- Real-time Pricing
- Audit/Cycle Counts
- Image & File Sharing
- Mobile Usage Capture
- UDI Compliance
- Barcode Scanning
- RFID Integration Reconciling (HF/UHF)
- ERP/CRM/EMR Integrations (SAP, ORACLE, Etc)
- Demand Planning
- Consignment/Loaner Management
- Pluggable Workflows (Programmatic Integrations, Integrated Prediction Models)
- HIPAA Compliant Communication
- Sourcing Optimization
- Future Stock (Inventory Assigned to Future Events)
- UDI Ready-Piece Level Tracking
- Cross Boundary Workflows
- Auto-Cycle Counting (from phone)
- Merger/Acquisition Integration
- Par Management
- Multi-Catalog Management
- Loan Optimization
- Complex Sales & Operations Alignment
- Cost-to-Serve Metrics
- Turn Ratio
- Sales Metrics / Dashboards
While the functionality is important, the benefits are better, and the value you gain… well, that is up to you. Typically, we see value found in intense asset optimization, dramatic time savings, and a unified global process that is scalable. The benefits though are what you must receive immediately from the functions you utilize.
Here are some of the benefits:
- True process automation
- Inventory visibility
- Secure collaboration for all stakeholders
- Custom workflows
- Accurate demand signal data
- Real-time visibility and tracking of consigned inventory
- Reduced hospital-based inventory
- Reduced expired product
- Reduced wasted product
- Reduced shipping costs
- Increased usage capture accuracy of implants and devices
- Accurate and timely billing processes
So while the value eventually created is up to you to determine, we want to give you the benefits and then outline and create your path to value with you.
The most commonly stated true value our client partners say they receive from utilizing Movemedical are:
- Asset Optimization (Inventory Performance)
- Time & Cost Savings (Operational & Sales Efficiency)
- 1 Globally Unified Process (Scalable System)
How do you get there though…?
That is where the “Path To Value” comes in.
Journey To Value (Creating Your Map)
First, Movemedical deeply learns your current business processes and then overlays your processes onto our software to help fill in the missing gaps. From there we help you create the proper operational procedures to be able to fully create the value you are looking for.
To get true asset and operational optimization, this is the process that has worked for our clients in over 5 million implant surgeries and counting.
8 Steps To True Sales, Inventory, and Operational Excellence:
- Unify all processes and people into one system.
- Use the new and historic “demand vs. usage + new demand signal” advanced analytics to forecast and allocate
- Keep Executing
They look simple, yet they are complex without the proper tools. Doing these 8 steps will dramatically transform your business. They can be simple. You need the right people, the right tools, and the right partners.
If you want to gain true inventory performance and operational excellence by using the world’s only purpose-built solution that unifies sales and operations for the medical device field, please contact us today. We are ready to show you how it has been done in the past and to take this journey with you.
We are excited to partner with innovators, status quo challengers, and leaders who are ready to take things to the next level.
Reach out now: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. – Making big changes is hard, we try to make it easier.
Need to talk with someone? We understand. Call anytime.
or visit: www.movemedical.com/product